These notices (listed below) concern policy and procedures, regulator notices and safety notices. Also in this section are some public health guidelines from the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC).
In response to some serious incidents in designated centres, we have developed a series of regulatory and safety notices to inform providers of key safety precautions to take in relation to these incidents.
Risk Management of Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) feeding - 006/2016Download
Risk Management of Blood Glucose Monitoring – 005 / 2014Download
Risk Management of Smoking - 001/2012Download
The Use of Hoists - 002/2012Download
Outbreaks of Influenza - 003/2012Download
The use of Bed Rails - 004/2012Download
Guidelines from the Health Protection Surveillance Centre
- Guidelines on the Prevention and Management of Influenza Outbreaks in Residential Care Facilities in Ireland
- National Guidelines on the control of Legionellosis in Ireland, 2009
- Guidelines on the Prevention and Control of Tuberculosis in Ireland, 2010
- National Guidelines on the Management of Norovirus outbreaks in Healthcare settings, 2003
- Surveillance Diagnosis and Management of Clostridium Difficile-associated disease in Ireland 2008