The Health Information and Quality Authority is an independent authority established to drive high-quality and safe care for people using our health and social care services in Ireland.
HIQA’s mandate to date extends across a specified range of public, private and voluntary sector services. Reporting to the Minister for Health and the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs, HIQA’s role is to develop standards, inspect and review health and social care services and support informed decisions on how services are delivered.
- If you are focused, motivated and seeking a change in your career, then have a look at our recruitment opportunities.
- You will find here a list of financial statements, purchase orders and prompt payments for you to download.
- We prepare and publish as much information as possible in an open and accessible manner on a routine basis.
- HIQA has organised itself to reflect its main functions. Consequently, there are a number of directorates, which are led and managed by an Executive Management Team.
- HIQA's Board was established on 15 May 2007. It comprises a Chairperson and non-executive directors. We routinely publish the Board's meeting minutes.
- We comply with best practice procedure in public procurement and have established Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) with a number of organisations.