Ambulatory Care Report (ACR)
Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council
To collect event data on the patient who primarily requires first-aid and capture of data if additional care is required. This will:
1. Facilitate strategic planning primarily for voluntary and auxiliary organisations.
2. Provide a link in the continuum of patient care across all voluntary and auxiliary organisations in the event of patient handover to another licensed Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG) provider.
3. Provide a platform for clinical audit.
4. Inform research into new skill, services/equipment.
National coverage at all events which have medical cover provided by responders/practitioners, on contract or volunteering on behalf of a licensed CPG provider.
The Ambulatory Care Report (ACR) is the principal source for patient data captured at events.
The ACR collects patient demographic data, detailed patient assessment clinical data, medical interventions, medications administered, destination handover data, practitioner and administrative data.
Primarily licensed CPG auxiliary and voluntary providers.
Event data is collected on the ACR real time for every patient contact.
Patient information is entered on the two-part report in circumstances listed:
- all circumstances where a patient is treated
- all circumstances where a patient refuses treatment contrary to advice given by the responder/practitioner
- in the event of the patient being transported to an emergency department/destination facility, an ACR copy is included at handover and stored with the patient record/chart
- the remaining copy remains with the licensed CPG provider organisation for storage.
Information Standard details ACR data set.
Not in use.
Information not available to PHECC as patient records processed and controlled by the licensed CPG provider.
Currently no annual report published for ACR data collected.
The individual auxiliary and voluntary CPG approved licensed providers may publish their own annual activity reports.
Access to data through the individual licensed CPG provider who utilises the ACR.
PHECC is responsible for the development of the standard by which the data is collected. In addition, PHECC develop the ACR which is primarily utilised by responders/practitioners on contract or volunteering on behalf of auxiliary and voluntary organisation at venues where events are taking place nationally. All PHECC information standards and related patient report forms are reviewed at least every three years to facilitate capture of care delivered in the pre-hospital environment by practitioners and compliance with national data collection standards.