This standard operating procedure (procedure) outlines the process for a service provider (the “provider”) to make a formal submission to the Director of Regulation on a regulatory judgment in a stage-2 inspection report.
This procedure only applies to stage-2 inspection reports which contain regulatory judgments following inspection of children and healthcare services.1
The following areas are outside the scope of a submission and will not be considered:
- any matter which is the subject of an independent inquiry or legal proceedings
- any commentary on Parts 2 or 8 of the Health Act 2007 (as amended)
- any submission made without completing the compliance plan or action plan and or feedback form as referred to in section 3.1 of this procedure
- any commentary not related to the regulatory judgments contained within the stage-2 inspection report
- stage-3 inspection report and published reports
- any submission from a provider’s representative body on an issue of general concern
- any matter relating to a third party who believes they are adversely mentioned in an inspection report, for example, a visiting health professional
- any matter relating to the conduct of inspectors or authorised person (inspectors)
- any matter previously dealt with under the HIQA’s complaints policy
- any matter considered to be vexatious in nature.