We are continuously conducting evidence synthesis to inform national strategic decision-making. In the last quarter, we have published a number of reports and health technology assessments (HTAs), including ones that focus on testing to guide chemotherapy use in breast cancer treatment and stem cell transplants.
We are supporting the Department of Health, the National Screening Advisory Committee and the HSE in their decision making by reviewing topics such as:
- International review of the epidemiology of long COVID
- HTA of Domiciliary Invasive Ventilation for Adults with Spinal Cord Injuries
- HTA of repatriation of paediatric haematopoietic stem cell transplant services to Ireland
- HTA of gene expression profiling tests for guiding the use of adjuvant chemotherapy in early-stage invasive breast cancer
- HTA of the addition of severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) to the National Newborn Bloodspot Screening Programme
If you would like to find out more about the work of HIQA and the HTA team in their response to COVID-19, you can here.
The bulletin will be updated quarterly and will be shared across our social media platforms.
If you would like to receive the bulletin to your inbox directly, you can request the bulletin from firstname.lastname@example.org.