Search Filters

How to provide feedback or make a complaint about a children’s social care service

Status: Published on

For many, the thought of making a complaint can be off-putting, this booklet aims to help make the process easier for you.

This booklet gives advise on how to make a complaint or provides feedback and what to do if you are not happy with the response. It also provides information on organisations that can support you, free of charge.

graphic of children giving feedback

Who is this booklet for

This booklet explains what to do if you, a family member or someone acting on your behalf wants to give feedback or make a complaint about care or treatment in the following services:

  • The Child and Family Agency (TUSLA)
    • children's residential centres
    • special care units
    • foster care services
    • child protection and welfare
  • Oberstown children detention campus
  • private and voluntary residential centres
  • private foster care services