Using care services

If you are new to using social care services, or are acting on behalf of a relative or a friend, get advice on where to begin. Find out about the standards for  children’s care centres, residential services for people with disabilities, residential care settings for older people and how the inspection process works.

You can use inspection reports as your starting point to find out more about the social care service you are interested in. Our website has inspection reports for care services registered by the Authority, which you can download for free.

The inspection report will set out what the care service does well and what it needs to improve. It will also give you some general information about the care service which will help you get a feel for the place. Find out about a care service.


If you live in a residential care setting for children, older people or people with disabilities, you can expect to have a number of rights. Find out more about entitlements.

Reporting a concern

More information on voicing concerns about the safety and welfare of people throughout health and social care services.